Approved Resfeber's Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Resfeber, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Resfeber

Resfeber Support
    Staff Member Support

1) Basic Knowledge
    • Minecraft username: Resfeber_
    • Previous Minecraft usernames: https://mine.ly/Resfeber_.1 (The website will give you the complete history of my Minecraft usernames).
    • Timezone: EST +7
    • Age (Note: you must be 15 or over to apply): 16 years young, turning 17 this year.
    • Do you have access to discord and a working microphone?: I do have discord (Resfeber #4671)
    • Do you have recording software?: Yes, I use OBS and Quicktime.
    • How many languages do you speak?: I speak 2 languages. I am fluent in English, Vietnamese and learning French and Latin.
    2) What forums (minecraft) are you most active on?: I don't browse the Minecraft forums all that often, but http://minecraftforum.net/ is where you might be able to catch me the most.

3) How much time do you have to contribute to our server / support role?: To be realistic, anywhere from 2 - 6 hours a day. However my finals are coming up throughout May, then I'll be free from June to September 12. If I were to be accepted and need study leave, I'll be sure to notify one of the senior staff members.

4) Banned? Muted? Kicked? If yes, please include detail: Yes, all of them. I am very playful, sometimes stupid, sometimes reckless and is very dynamic. With that said, I explore things, I try things and I don't usually say no to experience and opportunity. The point I'm trying to make is, sometimes I hack. I used to, still do sometimes. I hack not to win, not so I can "be" better, but I do it for the mere fun of it. I find banter and "fun", if I may, in hacking. Yes, it's annoying. I've been there, playing legit, with the gear you spent hours grinding for on you, and then some randy with killaura and bhop run by you. You're dead before you know it. I respect people who grind and dedicate their time to play legit, to grind; I also grind and play legit. I only hack when I play with my friends. When we're "pvp-ing" each other, but not do I ever hack in a legit fight. Though, I guess in every cloud there is a silver lining. Along with all the banter I have with my friends, I get to learn how hack clients work. I get first hand experience on how the hacks work, what are the "symptoms" and how hacks are hidden in screenshares; which I guess would come in handy if Project Unknown were to have a pvp-based gamemode.

My mutes originate from me sometimes snapping at people. This does not happen often, but it does happen, we all rage every now and then. I try to keep this to a minimal, and to be clear, I do not have a short temper, you can put that to the test :p.

5) Tell us about a mistake you made, how did you overcome this mistake?: It's true, there's no rose without a thorn. We all make mistakes, I make mistakes, probably everyday. One of the bajillion mistakes that I've made is applying as staff to servers and making commitments which I can't keep. Roughly two to three years ago, I was a total arrogant narcissist. I was able to learn a few things about server development and management and I thought I was the shit. I thought I was the best there is. I applied to a bunch of servers, demanding the highest ranks and being a total asshole to everyone. It was a mess. I was a mess. I was walking around like I'm that one girl from Dr.Phil. The 'cash me outside' girl. Anyhow, as time pass-by and I start to lose friends, virtually and in real life, I was able to realize just how big of a shit hole I was in. Like it was real big. (Imagine joining every discord for new servers and get banned 30 mins after. It was BAD). A couple of months pass-by, I started to find this guy on youtube, called RSDMax. He's like a pickup artist (PUA) guy, but not really. He teaches all the PUA stuff but also some really down-to-earth stuff in his videos which could be applied to our everyday life. That's how I started my "transformation". I got more humble, realize how insignificant I was, how little I knew and all the few other hundred of facts that I chose to ignore. As you could imagine, it all worked out in the end (which is middle of 2017) and now I'm here. (Sorry if it sounded like a rant or some watered down GQ magazine bullshit xD Wasn't my intention). I thought it was worth mentioning, I'm not afraid of making mistakes, rather, I love when I make mistake and someone diss the crap out of me and shout at me. I believe it's experience, and only from experience can we see and possibly be the best version of ourself.

6) What do you do outside of your minecraft life?: I like to read. I read a lot, anything from teen romance to contemporary to self-help, I have no niche. I also play sports, basketball and soccer, I'm decent at shooting hoops, ok at soccer; not a superstar. Oh, I also watch movies, tons and tons of movies. From superheroes to historical documents to just about anything. Now, music. Music is something I have with me all the time. Can't live without it, it's basically a part of me.

7) Previous server moderation experience?
    If so explain how you played this role, what you learned and how this is going to help our server: I have roughly four years worth of experience in server management and development. Overall, I have been through most of the positions, anything from Helper to Developer to Admin. But never, EVER, builder. Simply because I can't build, I just can't. As you could imagine, I am not staff of a huge network or anything, it's always been small servers and decent size networks, none with a big player base in the long run. I have either resigned or the most of the servers have died out, never have I ever been demoted. I am, however currently Senior-Moderator on Vetronix, a small kitpvp server under development. Through out the course of the four years, I have been able to learn a whole lot about plugins, native Minecraft mechanics, but sadly not plugin development, only plugin management and configuration. I am also experienced with server management. This ranges from staff management to server promotion, business plans for the network, expansion programs. I am in no shape or size, a qualified business person, however, I am taking Economics and Business Management in my last few years of high school and is definitely taking them in university. I don't really know what to explain here, if I try to explain my contribution and such, it would become a long list of me bragging so any further queries about my "expertise", dm me on discord, I am more than happy to provide the needed information.

8)SCENARIO: You have an exam tomorrow, you have not studied at all for it and you try to dedicate your time to studying for the exam, someone from discord messages you and tells you to jump on the server. Do you think you would be someone to hop on the server?: To start off, if I am studying for an exam, I would not have discord open and I would not be playing Minecraft. However, for the sake of the application, yea. With all due respect, I will not put games over my academics, so most likely I won't come on. Though, depending on what the problem is, if it's a quick fix thing then I'd probably jump on, get it done and get off, if it's a hacker or something more time consuming, I'll just ask another staff member with enough permissions to come on and help out. If it's someone telling me to come on and play I'll probably just ignore the message or reply, it really depends on how much caffeine is in my system at the time of contact.

9)SCENARIO: You're in a busy lobby as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You're getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a moderator for a hacker, someone then messages you on discord telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do? : First thing I do is sort out discord since it's the fastest. I'll join the channel, see if someone's blasting music, if they are I'll hand-out warnings and depending on their actions, a mute. Then the guys with hacker problems. I'll try to find a moderator while simultaneously telling them to record the hacker and report them on the forums, granted we have a player report section. The questions from people within the lobby will be answered simultaneously with the guys with hacker problems. I probably would pull one or two staff members onto the server to help me.

10) Previous date of your last application?: This is my first time applying.

11) Anything else you would like to add?: I apologize if it seemed like a rant, I did not plan on writing this much. I do have this cussing thing. I cuss somewhat a decent amount, not to offend others, but just for "enhancement" of what I'm saying. If cussing/ swearing is not allowed on the network then I'll just cut it off. I'm also moving to Northampton within August - September, YAY! So my timezone will change and therefore my on time will change. I'll inform the staff team of that when the time comes, if I get accepted anyways. I guess that's about it, I don't know what else. I'm happy to answer any queries, I'm thankful someone spent their time reading all this and yea. Have a great rest of the day/ night. I'm looking forward to hearing responses and feedbacks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jacob

Jacob Developer
    Staff Member Developer

Interesting application, I really like how you are honest. I am a little concerned about the hacking part.

3. Ultranite

Ultranite New Member

Well written application. ;) I like the amount of information and dedication shown and I sincerely hope that everyone here can see past your prior experiences with hacking. If anything, this will even help you in the future as you have experience with hacks and know what to look for. Thanks for applying, and again, good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Resfeber

Resfeber Support
    Staff Member Support

Thanks for all the kind words <3 Also hoping for the best. Would be an honor to join the team.